WANT [Music Video] WANT [Music Video]

this was nice. this got removed.

great job ng, just keep storing unwatchable content on the portal and "moderate" decent stuff from decent artists.

The Facebook Poke War The Facebook Poke War

Argh

I'm not going to bash you because this went frontpage, as this is not your fault.

It just needs a lot more effort, the drawings (sketches ?) are unfinished, there are too many still frames (don't hold F5 for too long), the animation was alright but from what I've seen, you HAVE to put more time in it, you definitely are not bad at flash.
The music was both very pretentious and very low-quality, I think you can figure out how this is a bad thing. (REQUIEM FOR A DREAM is the title ; newgrounds has no culture).
To base a flash on a joke, you either have to find a very good joke, or if it isn't funny, your talent comes in to make me laugh anyway. I know it's subjective, but I found it annoying at best.

Please, if you make a sequel, WORK on it. Make it more fluid, more interesting, more original, and find out how to fix the audio.

I Said NO I Said NO

Well...

Like some other reviewers, I'm not a huge fan of anime, but I'll be fair and try to be neutral.
The story was confusing. Not that I didn't understand, but at the end of the flash I was like "Wait, and that's all folks ?"; not saying this is too short but you could've been coming up with better ideas to fill the scenario. Or maybe this was just random and I'm expecting too much. The humour wasn't great, except for the herbert joke that got me smiling. The characters were empty, they just have a personality you can retrieve in billions of stories and never excite me.
You're quite skilled at drawing, but less at animating. I can tell there is actual effort in the final piece, and some nice FBF attempts (the faces, I HATE MAKING THEM TURN AROUND), but you need to get better, it's not fluid enough.
The sound was correct, not exceptional, annoying at times.
In my opinion the flash alltogether didn't deserve the frontpage, but I guess small artists that try to improve need hope too eh.

Riley looks gay, so if you develop your characters, make his sexual preferences ambiguous (just advice).

Gallery Gallery

I really liked both the idea and the presentation of the game. The unique creativity you give to the player by making them unaware of what they're doing, coupled with the responsibility then given for everyone to name their unintentional pieces is something I've barely if ever seen before. Thank you for the experience.

GoBots: The Game GoBots: The Game

Awful

You could have done so much better than this within 3 days.
Your pixel art was of terrible execution and just lazy. I'm guessing you designed each robot in five minutes, and the background in ten. Put more time in that. If only the remaining hours were actually spent in coding something decent...

The hitboxes were very messy ; the transformation time was an unnecessary addition as foes would often reach the base before you could attempt to hit them ; the controls were barely responsive.

The sound effects and the music shared the same level of annoyance : high. Even retro music needs the work of a professional, don't do it yourself if you're no composer.

The game isn't fun to play. Thanks to its short nature, I didn't get very bored of it. It's a chore and a (little) waste of time.
A question, did you attempt to understand how a fighter jet behaves while flying ? The way it rises and descends is just wrong.

I never did read War of the Gobots, and this didn't make me want to read it.

Cat Astro Phi Cat Astro Phi

A really great game !

I just completed it and must admit I am very impressed, the chiptune is magnificient, the graphics are really simple to understand, the gameplay could maybe use some work on the aiming (forced to walk one step to change the direction) but overall is satisfying.
This could however use some difficulty, I barely found another challenge than being patient enough to put the bombs in right places. Flixel is a great tool but I see too much pixelated games on newgrounds.
Anyway, I hope you make it a bit longer and more difficult, and make me able to play it on a real gameboy.
Good job !

Wintermute Wintermute

l'écoute fut bonne
merci

Demon-Wolf responds:

tout le plaisir est pour moi

car je ne partage pas

Vinyliner Vinyliner

Bonjour monsieur votre titre de transport SVP

Dereks responds:

M'sieu Roberto j'vais pas vous répéter tous les jours que j'suis l'chauffeur didju

BackToMad BackToMad

That's a very good music.

Even if not made by you... give some credit, and the true title is "Enter the Mad"
Back to Mad is the original version.

Shak Shaka - The Candy king Shak Shaka - The Candy king

Very colourful as usual. The piece has a nice balance to it which makes it pleasant to look at.

As the previous review stated, it looks really messy. For it to improve, the linework needs to be a lot more consistent and the shapes more defined while remaining faithful to your very unique "jelly" style.

Don't use fancy effects if you don't feel they really add to the piece. The blurring and the polygonal hues feel kinda out of place.

Perhaps you shouldn't paint with photoshop what you're used to do with other software. Trying new things with new tools will help you become proficient with ps, and you will find yourself growing artistically.

Looking forward to seeing some fresh stuff from you. Cheers.

Castlevania - Succubus Castlevania - Succubus

Fight, my love !

This is a great piece of work, very close to the original concept yet keeps a note of your own style. The left eye seems a little too small but in my opinion it adds some perspective and doesn't affect the quality.
My questions are
-Where is the right arm's end past the wing ?
-Can you draw male characters too ? If yes, gogogo for Dracula, he's so awesome.